ACS Graduate School Readiness & Professional Development Boot Camp
The ACS Bridge Project (ACS-BP) is partnering with the Genentech Foundation and the ACS Leadership Institute (ACS-LI) to launch the Graduate School Readiness and Professional Development (GSRPD) Boot Camp for 25 selected undergraduate students from underrepresented racial and ethnic (UR) groups who are currently enrolled in a US-based institution. Traditionally, UR groups refer to primarily African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans; however, other UR groups are welcome to participate as well.
The GSRPD Boot Camp will use the core components from the Individual Development Plan (IDP) process to assist students in articulating and framing their unique strengths, experiences, motivations, and goals towards their personal and professional development. The GSRPD Bootcamp will also outline a strategy for crafting competitive graduate school applications.
When & Where
The GSRPD Boot Camp will be held concurrently with the ACS-LI in Atlanta, Georgia on January 20 – 22. The core workshop activities will be held in 2023, with an additional pre-workshop event that will be held virtually mid-November. More details of the virtual event will be provided to selected applicants. All travel and accommodations will be covered by ACS.
- Identify individual values, strengths, and motivations
- Write guided personal statements and receive one-on-one feedback about improving their personal narrative
- Learn and practice constructing competitive graduate schools applications by using the NSF GRFP Fellowship as an example
- Gain crucial insights and experiences towards expanding and nurturing a professional network
- Enhance professional development through educational and career coaching
How to Apply
Applications for the 2023 Boot Camp are now open!