- This program is for faculty teaching face-to-face or flipped courses.
- Faculty with varied levels of technology and Sakai experience are welcome.
- Participants are eligible for a $175 stipend.
- This program does not certify faculty to teach online or blended courses at PLU.
The PLUTO Essentials program helps faculty develop skills for using Sakai and online technologies to improve the teaching of face-to-face courses at PLU. This program is offered as a one-day workshop designed for instructors who are not planning to teach online and blended courses at PLU, but who are interested in learning some of the essential components of PLUTO training.
The PLUTO Essentials Program includes:
- Exploring core Sakai features and applications for effective teaching and learning
- Individual Sakai “sandbox” sites that provide a place to practice, view examples, and access resources
- Opportunity to discuss teaching with technology among PLU peers
- Workshop time for individual support and practice