- Ph.D., Biological Sciences, University of California, San Diego, 2012
- B.S., Biology, University of Massachusetts Lowell, 2005
- Corwin, L.A., Prunuske, A., Seidel, S. "Scientific Presenting: Using Evidence-Based Classroom Practices to Deliver Effective Conference Presentations." Life Sciences Education 2018:
- Owens, M., Seidel, S., Wong, M., Bejines, T., Lietz, S., et al. . " Classroom sound can be used to classify teaching practices in college science courses." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences Vol. 114, 2017: 3085-3090.
- 2018 PLU Spirit of Diversity Award
- 2018 National Science Foundation (NSF) Grant to support "Building Capacity to Prepare STEM Majors to Become STEM Educators"
Summer Research: Science Education for an Inclusive Classroom