Communication, Media & Design Arts Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, a student receiving a BA in Communication will be able to:
- Deliver a public and/or professional presentation for an audience within a specified timeframe.
- Effectively communicate in written formats appropriate to situation, audience, and medium (journalistic formats, academic essays and research writing, press releases and promotional writing, media writing, etc.).
- Identify credible media and information sources, and should be able to identify the characteristics of sources that are credible and those that are not (authorship, credentials, URL, publishing organization, etc.).
Upon completion of the program, a student receiving a BFA in Design, a BA in Studio Arts, or a BA in Art History will be able to:
- Identify and interpret artistic expression from a variety of current and historical sources;
- Demonstrate an awareness of artistic expression as a form of communication;
- Practice creative exploration in a variety of artistic and scholarly contexts;
- Demonstrate a thorough conceptual process and articulate that process in verbal and written forms;
- Demonstrate a dedication to craft and technical rigor in their primary artistic, scholarly, and/or entrepreneurial approach;
- Cultivate self-reliance, curiosity, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving in their art and scholarship.
Effective as of July 2022