Welcome to the Experiential Learning and Opportunities page. On this page you will find information on our Experiential Learning requirement as well as updated information on internships, job opportunities, and other exciting opportunities for Environmental Studies majors and minors.
What is Experiential Learning?
- Experiential Learning is learning through situations that mimic work experience in a profession you’re considering for your career!
- Environmental Studies majors must complete at least 80 hours of an experiential component before taking ENVT 498, which is normally taken in the fall of the senior year.
- Environmental Studies students have completed internships, researched with a faculty member, or worked with a volunteer organization.
- Experiential learning can help you refine your career interests, or even identify a potential capstone topic!
Scroll down to find opportunities and explore what past students have done!
Tips for success
- Keep a journal of your activities and thoughts during your experience.
- Include descriptions of your work, connections to your coursework, reflections on your professional interests and strengths.
- Collect any documents, photos and contact information for later reference.
|Harvest Pierce County|
|Hilltop Urban Gardens|
|Conservation and Ecology:|
|Earth Corps||Volunteer Calendar
|Tahoma Audubon Society||Volunteer|
|Sierra Club of Pierce County - Tatoosh Group||Volunteer|
|Washington State Conservation Association|
|Washington Department of Ecology||Jobs|
|Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium|
|Tacoma Nature Center||Volunteer|
|Environmental and Social Justice:|
|Front and Centered: Communities of Color for Climate Justice||Opportunities
|Puget Sound Sage||Jobs|
|Vashon Forest Stewards||More Information|
|Citizens for a Healthy Bay|
|Foss Waterway Seaport||Volunteer|
|Nisqually Land Trust||Volunteer|
|Puget Creek Restoration Society|
|Washington Environmental Council||Volunteer
|Office of Environmental Policy and Sustainability||More Information|
Some of these organizations may not currently have positions listed on their websites. But we strongly encourage you to reach out directly in case they are looking for someone like you!