We educate to engage actively and critically the complex relationships between people and the environment, drawing upon integrated and interdisciplinary perspectives.
Students graduating from Environmental Studies will be able to:
- Use an array of theoretical and practical tools to examine the complex relationships between people and the environment.
- Gather and assess data about local, regional, and global environmental issues.
- Interpret the values, assumptions and language that structure human communities and their relationships with the earth’s ecosystem.
- Integrate the methods and content of multiple academic perspectives on an environmental issue.
- Develop an interdisciplinary approach to a complex environmental challenge.
(approved by the Environmental Studies Faculty, 11 September 2008; updated May 2010; November 2018)