- Ph.D., Temple University
- M.Ed., Temple University
- B.S., Pacific Lutheran University
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Exercise and Sport Psychology
- Presented at the Association for Applied Sport Psychology Annual Convention, Increasing Self-Awareness through HRV Biofeedback to Moderate Unhealthy Relationships between Stress, Sleep and Physical Activity, Las Vegas, NV (2014)
- Martin, N. "Fostering motivation: Understanding the role coaches play in youth sport." Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators Vol. 33(1), 2020: 20-27.
- Martin, N. "Family Fitness: Focusing on Parental Involvement to Increase Youth Physical Activity." Active and Healthy Magazine. Published by the Australian Council for Health, Physical Education and Recreation Vol. 22(4), 2016: 22-24.
- Ameluxuen-Coleman, E., Heinrichs, D., & Martin, N. "Innovative Ways to Use Modern Technology to Enhance, Rather than Hinder Physical Activity among Youth." Journal of Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance Vol. 86(4), 2015: 46-53.
- Martin, N. "Keeping it Fun in Youth Sports: What Coaches Should Know and Do." Strategies: A Journal for Physical and Sport Educators Vol. 27(5), 2014: 27-32.
- Vogel, A. "Fit Tech for Kids: Boon or Bust." IDEA Fitness Journal Vol. (13)1, 2015: 38-45 *Expert Source Contributor.