- DNP, Robert Morris University, PA, 2012
- MSN, Brigham Young University, UT, 1994
- BS, Sociology, Weber State University, UT, 1981
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Family Primary Care
- Wilderness Medicine
- Correctional Medicine
- Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Combat Medical Badge Recipient during 30 years of service
- Honorary Member, Korean Military Medical Association
- President, 38th Parallel Nurse's Society - 2011 to 2013 in Korea
- Outstanding Thesis Award, Brigham Young University College of Nursing, 1994, "Assessing Quality of Life Concerns of the Elderly Blind of Weber County"
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Wilderness Medical Society
- Society of Applied Anthropology
- American College of Correctional Physicians
- National Association of Nurse Practitioner Faculties
Clinician, Administrator, Educator. Board certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner, National Healthcare Disaster Provider and Correctional Healthcare Provider. As a former member of the US military, I have had the opportunity to practice, teach and lead healthcare in many diverse environments, cultures, communities and populations throughout the world. I hope to share these experiences with my PLU community.
Bachelor of Science, Sociology, Weber State University
Masters of Nursing Science, Brigham Young University
Doctor of Nursing Practice, Robert Morris University
Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth
Air War College, U.S. Air Force, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base
I currently teach in the undergraduate program (Community Health) Master’s program, (Roles of the Advanced Nurse) Doctoral program (Advanced Health Assessment, Advance Pathophysiology, Clinical procedures for the Family Nurse Practitioner, Leadership and Organizational management, Policy and Politics in Healthcare, Clinical faculty for the FNP I FNP II and FNP III courses. Chair, Doctor of Nursing Practice projects.
Wilderness and austere healthcare. Alternative and complementary healthcare practices. Traditional Chinese Medicine practices, specifically Acupuncture. Correctional Health Care.
I am currently practicing in a correctional health care environment.
2019 Knowlton RT (2019) Drugs Affecting the Autonomic Nervous System, 5th edition, Chapter 11, Woo, T and Robinson, M(Eds) Pharmacotherapeutics for Advanced Practice Nurse Prescribers(pp) F.A Davis Company, Philadelphia
1. Chapel Talk, Pacific Lutheran University Chapel March 2019 topic: Blessing of Giving and Generosity 2. Faculty House presentation “Experiences of living and practicing healthcare in remote Alaska villages.
Legion of Merit, Bronze Star, Meritorious Service Award, Combat Medical Badge
Outstanding Thesis Award, Brigham Young University 1995