What is PLUSC?
The Pacific Lutheran University Staff Council (PLUSC) is an elected group representing the staff of Pacific Lutheran University. Staff representatives are elected by their own departments and represent each major division on campus. Making PLU a University of the first rank is a worthy goal and has our commitment. Likewise, making PLU an employer of the first rank is equally important. PLUSC contributes to this goal by:
- Advocating for PLU staff employees.
- Providing a forum for sharing ideas and addressing concerns.
- Reporting on key issues and making recommendations to Human Resources and the President’s Council.
- Sitting on important campus committees, including budget planning, long range planning, benefits, and more.
- Helping organize annual events to support the PLU and local communities.
PLUSC strives to be a proactive voice on issues of concern to staff. We hope that you will participate by contacting PLUSC or talking with your representative if you have questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding your experience as a PLU employee.