What is PLU's response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak?
Find the latest information here.
Where do I go for first aid supplies?
The Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) department will refill your kits when they are getting low. You can call 253-535-8935 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find all you need at the First Aid Kit webpage.
What is meant by ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’?
1. A hazard is anything that has the potential to cause harm (substances, electricity, working at height, machinery, etc)
2. Risk is the chance that harm actually results from a hazard.
Who do I speak with about ergonomic questions I may have?
Where should I go for any Safety Data Sheet questions I may have?
I have heard I should prepare a disaster kit. What is that, and what is it composed of?
FEMA strongly urges homeowners to maintain an emergency kit with enough supplies to sustain them for up to 72 hours following a disaster. Assemble it well in advance of an emergency and store it in an easily accessible location.
Here are some basics that officials say every disaster kit should contain:
1. First aid kit
2. Water (1 gallon per person per day)
5. Flashlight and extra batteries
6. Matches in waterproof container
7. Can opener
8. Local maps
9. Carrying container (unused trashcan, backpack, duffel bag, rubbermaid-style bin)
10. Dust mask
11. Duct tape
13. Garbage bags, ties and moist towelettes
14. Three-day supply of nonperishable food
15. Wrench or pliers
16. Plastic sheeting
17. Battery-powered or hand-cranked NOAA weather radio
It’s getting Chilly!! Can I bring in a heater to adjust my office temperature?
Similar to appliances, personal heaters in the cooler months can be an electrical
hazard and also interfere with the building’s heating and ventilation systems. If your
office temperature is questionable, your first step is to send call 253-535-8935 or email email@example.com. Too many appliances and electrical heaters lead to improper electrical outlet and electrical cord usage, resulting in circuit overloads.
What should I do if my walkway is slick or icy?
Work orders can be placed with facilities who will try to solve the issue as soon as possible.