2019 Higher Education China Study Trip
The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington helps coordinate the Chinese Bridge Delegation for Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters. This is an amazing opportunity for university senior leaders & administrators, faculty members, K-12 school district administrators and policy makers, to travel for about ten days to China to learn more about China’s education system and how to connect schools in China and the U.S.
2019 Confucius Institute Senior Higher Education Administrator China Study Trip
Date: September 7 – 15, 2019
The Confucius Institute of the State of Washington （CIWA） cordially invites application for the 2019 Confucius Institute Senior Higher Education
Administrator China Study Trip. Presidents, vice presidents, provosts, vice provosts, deans, department chairs and senior administrators of CIWA higher education partners are eligible to apply.
This is a nine-day trip that includes tours to two cities in China, Beijing (or Shenzhen, a modern metropolis links Hong Kong to China’s Mainland) and Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province & CIWA’s partner institution in China). The trip aims to offer rich opportunities for university leadership in the state of Washington to interact with your Chinese colleagues, strengthen existing connections and develop potentials for new collaborations in China. The trip is also designed for you to gain in-depth understanding of universities in China and the local Chinese culture.
This trip will accommodate a maximum of TEN delegates from universities in Washington State. Registration is now open and we encourage you to register as early as you can due to limited availability.
1. Visit Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban);
2. Visit Universities in Beijing (Institutions TBD);
3. Guided Culture Study Tour in Beijing (Recommended cultural heritages)
Great Wall of China The Forbidden City
Tiananmen Square, etc.
1. Visit universities in Shenzhen City (Institutions TBD) ;
2. Visit high-tech companies in Shenzhen;
3. Guided culture tours
1. Meeting with Sichuan University administrators &Campus tour at Sichuan University;
2. Meeting with University of Electronic Science and Technology of China Administrators and guided campus tour;
3. Cultural Tour in (Recommended cultural heritages) Wuhou Temple Jinli Promenade Sanxingdui Museum Dujiangyan Water Irrigation System Tianfu Hi Tech-Zone Kuanzhai Ancient Street of Qing Dynasty Panda Base.
Registration deadline: Monday June 7, 2019
Pre-departure workshop: week of August 26
Date of departure: Friday, September 7, 2019
Date of returning: Sunday, September 15, 2019.
Participants will be responsible for their round-trip international airfare (from Seattle to the first port of entry in China). Hanban will be responsible for accommodation, food and travel expenses in China.
Please contact Aihua Liao, CIWA Assistant Director at firstname.lastname@example.org for application & questions.
Selection priority will be given to:
- University leaders & senior administrators and faculty members actively seeking to develop new/expanded Chinese programs or develop potential partnerships in other subject areas with the higher education institutions in China.
Multiple applicants from the same institution will be considered, but each applicant is required to submit an individual application.