Department of Human Resources
Good Fit Benefit Plan
PLU is proud to provide a comprehensive benefits program which offers a variety of benefit options to meet the diverse needs of our employees. From medical care to retirement – with wellness ideas, time off benefits and continuing education opportunities in between – Good Fit was created because we understand that one size doesn’t fit all.
Some of the benefits PLU offers include:
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Retirement: The University’s 403b retirement plan is one of the best offered by small private universities
- Generous vacation and holiday leave
- Summer holiday benefit
- Tuition discounts for employees and dependents
- Healthcare flexible spending accounts
- Transportation and commute incentives
- Health and wellness programs
- Professional development opportunities
- Life and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sabbatical program
- University ID card: Obtain free or discounted admission to various facilities (library, pool, fitness center, etc.), productions, and events
- A vital campus filled with activities and events year-round
Our benefits broker, Albers & Company, has partnered with Bob May, a local independent agent specializing in Medicare products. Bob has over 30 years experience in the health insurance industry and is committed to finding the best coverage for you and your family’s needs. Please contact Bob May today for more information.
EAP - Here to Help
Did you know that free access to First Choice Health Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is part of your PLU benefits? The EAP can help with a variety of issues both professional and personal – from dealing with stress at work to elder care and emotional well-being. EAP is a confidential resource and will provide guidance, assessment, and referral at no cost to you. Visit www.FirstChoiceEAP.com and use the password: pacific.
Annual Benefits Fair
Attend Human Resource’s annual benefits fair to speak with your benefits providers, get information about campus resources, and enter our drawing for a chance to win great prizes. The next benefits fair will be on April 2018.
Plan Your Retirement
Every month, our TIAA representative visits campus to meet with employees one-on-one and answer questions about retirement. To schedule an appointment with a TIAA consultant, go here.