Excited to Connect In Person @ LUTE Welcome!
Whether you are a fall 2021 new first-year, transfer, or international student, a family member or supporter of a fall 2021 new student, or a fall 2020 student coming to campus for the first time, LUTE Welcome (New Student Orientation) will support your transition to PLU. LUTE Welcome is a time to learn about the resources to be successful at PLU and connect with your fellow Lutes. You will engage with students, faculty and staff as we welcome you to PLU! Click on the images below to learn about the customized orientation experiences we’ve designed for each group.
Start Your PLU Experience Now
Students who participate in LUTE Welcome orientation are more successful at PLU and able to better navigate campus. LUTE Welcome orientation will include 3 steps to orienting yourself to PLU to be set up for success (learn more below!). After completing these steps as part of our LUTE Welcome experiences, you’ll know what to expect on your first day of classes, learn about clubs and organizations you can join, and make lifelong friendships.
Step One: Start Connecting!
- Follow @plucampuslife and @plu_2025 to get to know the Campus Life Student Engage Ambassadors and JAM guides (Just Ask Me).
- Join the PLU Digital Campus on Discord (watch your PLU email for an invitation from LuteLink, PLU’s student & alumni engagement platform, to complete an online module with step-by-step guidance for how to join!)
Step 2: As part of LUTE Welcome Week you will meet fellow new students and returning students who will provide tips from their experience. You will get to meet our outstanding faculty and staff, and get a chance to explore campus!
- Click on one of the groups above (e.g., First Year, Transfer, International, Family/Supporter, Fall 2020/Class of 2024) to preview your LUTE Welcome schedule
- You will receive an email from your JAM (Just Ask Me) Guide leader ahead of LUTE Welcome that introduces themself and shares how you will connect:
- New First Year Students:
- Check in for LUTE Welcome during move in (for residents) OR at the CAVE Open House (for commuters) on Friday, 9/3/21 between 12:00-2:00PM.
- Your first session is at 2:00PM on Friday, 9/3/21
- New Transfer Students:
- Check in for LUTE Welcome during move in (for residents), at the CAVE Open House (for commuters) on Friday, 9/3/21 between 12-2pm, OR on Saturday, 9/4/21 between 8:00-8:15AM.
- Your first session is at 8:15AM on Saturday, 9/4/21. However, you are welcome to join us at LW events on Friday, 9/3/21 too!
- Class of 2024 / Continuing Students (who started in Fall 2020 or Spring 2021):
- There is no LUTE Welcome check in required!
- Your first session is at 9:00AM on Sunday, 9/5/21. However, you are welcome to join us at LW events on Friday, 9/3/21 and Saturday, 9/4/21 too!
- New First Year Students:
As students at PLU, we know how important it is to learn about how you will organize your life as a student and have created a LUTE Welcome Smart Start Student Checklist site with videos, tips, and links to campus resources that will support your transition to PLU. You will learn more about this during LUTE Welcome; Monday, 9/6/21 is a dedicated day to spend time working through the checklist to prepare for the first day of fall 2021 classes!