- M.S., College Student Personnel, Bowling Green State University
- B.S., Math, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Overall Supervision and Leadership for Campus Life (Residential Life and Student Engagement)
- Supervision of Director of Campus Safety
- Leadership role for the Division of Student Life with Emergency Management, Crisis Response, and Budgeting
- Washington Community and Technical College Housing/Residence Life Workshop, Housing Partnerships (2017)
- NASPA Annual Conference, It takes a village: Storytelling as a marketing tool (2015)
- NASPA Annual Conference, Partnering with Local Law Enforcement to Enhance Safety on Small College Campuses (2009)
- NASPA (National Association of College Student Personnel Administrators)
- ACUHO-I (Association of College & University Officers - International)
Tom’s commitment to PLU includes nearly three decades of work in a variety of roles and experiences. He is also a parent, spouse and son-in-law of proud PLU alumni. Tom is pleased to call PLU home.
A particular area of emphasis for Tom is how best to provide quality customer service in the PLU higher education context. Our students are unique individuals with varying needs and circumstances who deserve a high level of care, which sometimes includes assisting them through challenging learning experiences.
Tom enjoys reading novels and newspapers. Originally from Wisconsin, Tom is a staunch Tacoma area advocate. When away from the office he looks to explore and take advantage of local opportunities with his family and friends.