New Student Registration Resources
Welcome, Lutes! The Center for Student Success is excited to help you transition to PLU and make your first semester a success. This web page should be your go-to for all questions related to your first semester.
How to use these Resources
- Start with Academics at PLU. This will be your introduction to classes, registration, and timelines at PLU. After you watch this video, you are ready to meet with your new Student Success Advisor to learn more about your Fall 2021 schedule.
- Meet your advisor! Use the tabs at the bottom of this page to learn more about your Advisor before your meeting.
- If you have not taken your Math Placement Evaluation then you should watch the Math Placement Evaluation PLU video next. If you have already taken the evaluation then you can skip to the next video.
- After you meet with your Student Success Advisor, watch the Now what? video.
- We recommend watching the rest of the videos on this page with your support people so that everyone is up to date on all of the info you need for Fall 2021.
Meet your Advisor
I am a life-long Tacoma resident, PLU graduate (c/o 2018) and I currently advise most STEM first-year students and a handful of the social sciences. I love working in advising because I get to work with students through the highs and the lows to help them meet their goals! My favorite thing is hearing a student get excited about what they are learning.
Make an appointment with Austin
I work primarily with biology, theater, criminal justice, and transfer students. My favorite part of working with my students is watching them really discover who they are outside of the first 18 years of their lives. The development and growth is really exciting! I’m a transplant from Florida and love exploring the area with my son and husband. In the few hours of spare time I get each week, I love to bake, enjoy the sunshine, and go to Mariner’s games.
Make an appointment with Kelsey
Angie Hambrick is a Black woman committed to modeling #blackjoy. She enjoys spending time with her son, The Golden Girls, Americanos with nonfat milk, and buying new pens (her favorites right now are the iBayam Journal Planner Fine Point Markers). Angie advises students of color, particularly first-year Black students and can’t wait to meet with students IRL (all health and safety directives in place, of course).
Make an appointment with Angie
Luke will be primarily advising a group of first-year Latinx/@/e students this fall semester. He is also the advisor of the Latinx Unidos club at PLU and really enjoys building connections with students as they move through their academic career. Whether he is advising the student-run club or assisting with academic scheduling Luke is excited to be your point person and make you feel comfortable with navigating PLU. You can expect to see Luke in The Diversity Center supporting students’ programs, in The CAVE with commuters, and dropping by OMM for a quick cup of coffee.
Schedule an appointment with Luke