Undergraduate Major & Minor College of Liberal Studies
Bachelor of Arts
Whether you choose a concentration in Writing or Literature, an English major will help you understand and practice the creative, critical, and persuasive uses of the written word. Writing and literature are powerful means of understanding the diversity of human experience, critically analyzing society, imagining better worlds, and inspiring others to action.
The Creative Writing Concentration allows students to hone their craft in a variety of genres through intensive writing workshop courses.
The Professional, Public, and Digital Literacies Concentration teaches students skills of effective writing and storytelling for a variety of practical situations – including an emphasis on digital media.
The Literature Concentration allows students to explore the diverse range of literatures written in English – American, British, and Global – to understand how writers have used the creative power of literary expression to understand and engage the world.
- Creative Writing Concentration
- Professional, Public, and Digital Literacies Concentration
- Literature Concentration
Graduates from the last 5 years: Their jobs
- Editor, State of Oregon
- Editorial Intern, Perspectives in Biology and Medicine Journal
- Teacher, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Mental Health Research Coordinator, VA Puget Sound Health Care System
- Legal Advocate, YWCA of Pierce County
- English Teacher, Peace Corps
- Professional Writing Consultant, Pierce College - Puyallup
- Bookseller, Grassroots Bookstore
Graduates from the last last 5 years: Their graduate programs
- Master of Arts in English, Oxford University
- Master of Library and Information Science, University of Washington
- Master of Business Administration, Oregon State University
- Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, Pacific Lutheran University
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started