Start a club. Become a leader.
Three Simple Steps.
Step 1: File Recognition Form
Submit a Recognition form to Campus Life with signatures from 7 club members.
Keep in mind:
- Reference our current club listings to ensure there’s not already a club similar to your idea.
- You may not have a club for commercial purposes or primarily for the financial benefit of an external corporation or organization will not be recognized.
- Proposed groups that are formed for the purpose of sponsoring a singular campus event generally will not be recognized.
- For more information, visit our Clubs and Organizations Handbook.
Step 2: Create a Constitution
All clubs need a written constitution. Click the link below for a sample constitution. It doesn’t have to be an exact replica, but must include all sections present.
- All honor societies must receive written approval from the department with which they are affiliated.
- Once you’ve created your club constitution and completed your recognition form, head to step 3.
Step 3: Register Your Club Online
Please upload your Recognition Form and Club Constitution in the registration link below.
You’ll be notified by Campus Life once you’ve been approved.
Once you are approved, you will need to:
- Sign up for a Club Email by putting in a Help Desk Ticket here
- Attend club trainings throughout the academic year (communication about club training will come from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Review the Club Handbook found here before your training session
- Follow Campus Life’s Instagram @plucampuslife for future updates
Request Google Group
Create an email for your club/org by registering for a Google Group Account. This will allow you to have your own club email address to contact members, receive updates for Clubs & Orgs, and to organize documents.
Click the button below to be routed to the Google Group Account registration.
Register for a Gift Account
Clubs & Orgs have the ability to receive financial support from alumni, private contributors, and corporate donations.
Clubs & Orgs can fundraise via programming and during Bjug Day!
If your club is interested in fundraising as a way to increase funds for club expenses, you will need to register for a Gift Account by emailing email@example.com.
I've officially started a club! What next?
Check out our resources on event planning, finance, and advertising!