Start a club. Become a leader.
Three Simple Steps.
Step 1: File Recognition Form
Submit a Recognition form to Campus Life with signatures from 7 club members.
Keep in mind:
- Reference our current club listings to ensure there’s not already a club similar to your idea.
- You may not have a club for commercial purposes or primarily for the financial benefit of an external corporation or organization will not be recognized.
- Proposed groups that are formed for the purpose of sponsoring a singular campus event generally will not be recognized.
- For more information, visit our Clubs and Organizations Handbook.
Step 2: Create a Constitution
All clubs need a written constitution. Click the link below for a sample constitution. It doesn’t have to be an exact replica, but must include all sections present.
- All honor societies must receive written approval from the department with which they are affiliated.
- Once you’ve created your club constitution and completed your recognition form, head to step 3.
Step 3: Register Your Club Online
Please upload your recognition form and club constitution at the link below. This form is also found under the “Documents and Forms” link.
You’ll be notified by Campus Life once you’ve been approved.
When you have been approved, here are a few other logistics you need to complete:
- Create an google group account for your club. The form can be found here.
- Schedule a club training with the Engage Ambassadors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure to review the Club Handbook found here before your training session.
- Make sure to follow Campus Life’s Instagram @plucampuslife for future updates.
Request Google Group
As a new club, you will need to register for an google group account. This will allow you to have your own club email address to contact members, receive updates from the Clubs and Orgs Interns, and organize documents . Please complete the Request Google Group Account for Club/Organization form under the Starting a Club section in our Documents and Forms section (click the button below to get there).
Lockers in AUC 140
If you have questions about or would like a locker, please contact the clubs and orgs interns at email@example.com.
Need a Gift Account
Student clubs and organizations may now receive support from alumni and private contributors, as well as corporate donations. Through this account, PLU can now accept tax-deductible contributions from donors on behalf of the student club/organization. To create a Gift Account fill out the paperwork in the link below.
CAVE trainings will need to be taken for clubs planning on using the CAVE on a regular basis. To schedule a training, click on the button below, select an appointment slot, and add CAVE training to the description.
I've officially started a club! What next?
Check out our resources on event planning, finance, and advertising!
Learn about event planning, club collaboration, making reservations, showing films at PLU, and travel guidelines.More
Learn about club finances, record keeping, funding sources, fundraising policy, and financial transactions.More