PLU seeks to educate students for lives of thoughtful inquiry, service, leadership and care – for other people, for their communities, and for the Earth.
PLU’s decennial vision documents lay out the long-range objectives of the university
- PLU 2000 formulated our mission statement ( “We seek to educate students for lives of thoughtful inquiry, service, leadership, and care–for other people, for their communities, and for the Earth”)
- PLU 2010 identified our three areas of special distinction: Global Education, the Discernment of Vocation, and Close Collaborative Student-Faculty Research.
- PLU 2020 stressed three key values: Diversity, Justice, and Sustainability.
The Strategic Planning Process translates the general aims of the vision documents into key performance indicators and measurable goals.
- Long-Range Planning Committee Key Performance Indicators
- University Initiatives: 2014-2015; 2015-2016; and 2016-2017
- Strategic Action Plan: 2017-2018 to 2018-2019