Reasons for Submitting a Report of Care
Faculty, staff, students, and community members are welcome to submit a report of care for any reason; including, but not limited to:
- Academic concerns
- Student experiencing personal health issues
- Student not attending classes
- Student experiencing a death or health concerns in the family
- Student will be missing classes/leaving PLU for a short amount of time
- Behavioral concerns or behavioral changes
- Safety concerns
- Personal, emotional issues a student may be experiencing
- A student in need of disability support or assistance, either short or long term
- A student’s behavior may negatively affect their academic success or the ability of others to safely learn in an educational environment
What To Expect Once a Report Is Submitted
The reporter can expect the following:
- The Reporter will receive an email from a Student Care Network member to acknowledge receipt of report, and to ask any additional questions as needed.
- The Student Care Network meets once a week to discuss reports submitted, and discuss follow-up steps for each student.
- The reporter will get information on the follow-up steps for each student, and updates as applicable.
- Follow-ups will typically be within 5-7 business days.
- Follow-up steps can take different forms of intervention, depending on the level of concern. Possible interventions can include, but are not limited to:
- SCN member outreach with resources
- SCN member meeting with student, including resource and support
- For cases that require immediate attention, SCN will conduct an immediate intervention by the Dean of Students
- Resources for a student may include, but are not limited to:
- Counseling Center
- Health Center
- Student Success Center
- Academic Advising
- Campus Safety
- Dean of Students
- Student Financial Services
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the Student Care Network, a report that has been filed, or questions on the process, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 253-535-7462.