See how the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship has impacted Alex, Nick and Anamaries.
253 PLU Bound Full Tuition Scholarship
PLU offers a scholarship for students who are College Bound eligible, attend a high school in Washington state, and have a 3.30 or higher weighted cumulative GPA. Students who qualify will be awarded full tuition for their four years at PLU through a combination of federal, state, PLU grants and scholarships, and the College Bound Scholarship.
- College Bound Scholarship eligible
- Attend a Washington state high school
- 3.30 or higher weighted cumulative GPA (if your high school does not weight GPAs, PLU will do so when you apply)
- Entering PLU as a first-year student, including Running Start
Submit the FREE application to PLU. Students are automatically reviewed for this scholarship. To confirm College Bound scholarship eligibility, you must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), found at fafsa.ed.gov (include PLU’s FAFSA school code, 003785) OR complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA), found at readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
253 PLU Bound Benefits:
- Full tuition for 4 years at PLU is guaranteed to be covered by a combination of PLU, federal, state and College Bound scholarship and grant.
- A $1,000 per year books scholarship.
- A $1,500 per year Housing Grant.
- Additional financial aid in the form of work study and loans may be applied to room, meals, and other expenses.
To maintain the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship:
- Student must remain College Bound eligible.
- Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress at PLU.
Frequently Asked Questions:
PLU grants special status to IB, AP, Cambridge, pre-IB, pre-AP, Honors and Advanced courses. If the high school does not weight GPAs, PLU will weight grades in these courses when calculating an admission GPA in order to benefit those students who have challenged themselves and undertaken a rigorous high school curriculum.
For example, four weighted courses taken in the freshman, sophomore, and/or junior years will bring a 3.2 GPA up to a 3.3 GPA.
Not sure if you’re eligible for or a recipient of the College Bound Scholarship? Visit www.readysetgrad.org/college/college-bound-scholarship-program or talk to your high school guidance counselor.
To maintain satisfactory academic progress at PLU, students must:
- Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Successfully complete 67% of the credits for which they registered each semester.
For further details, please read through the PLU Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
We have additional need- and merit-based scholarship opportunities – find more information here. AND, you can still use your College Bound Scholarship at PLU, worth up $11,900 per year.
97% of PLU students qualify for some kind of financial aid and our average 2019-20 financial aid offer was $37,075. Find more information about financial aid here.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 253-535-7151 or email@example.com with any additional questions about the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship or applying to PLU.