253 PLU Bound Full Tuition Scholarship
PLU offers a scholarship for students who are College Bound eligible, attend a high school in Washington state, and have a 3.50 or better weighted cumulative GPA. Students who qualify will be awarded full tuition for their four years at PLU through a combination of federal, state, PLU grants and scholarships, and the College Bound Scholarship.
- College Bound Scholarship eligible
- Attend a Washington state high school
- 3.50 or higher weighted cumulative GPA (if your high school does not weight GPAs, PLU will do so when you apply)
- Entering PLU as a first-year student, including Running Start (if you are a transfer student who is College Bound eligible, please visit plu.edu/transfer/253 for information on the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship for transfer students)
Applying: Submit the FREE application to PLU. Students are automatically reviewed for this scholarship. To confirm College Bound scholarship eligibility, you must also complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), found at fafsa.ed.gov (include PLU’s FAFSA school code, 003785) OR complete the Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA), found at readysetgrad.org/wasfa.
253 PLU Bound Benefits:
- Full tuition for 4 years at PLU is guaranteed to be covered by a combination of PLU, federal, state and College Bound scholarship and grant.
- Additional financial aid in the form of work study and loans may be applied to room, meals, books, and other expenses.
To maintain the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship:
- Student must remain College Bound eligible.
- Student must maintain satisfactory academic progress at PLU.
Frequently Asked Questions:
PLU grants special status to IB, AP, Cambridge, pre-IB, pre-AP, Honors and Advanced courses. If the high school does not weight GPAs, PLU will weight grades in these courses when calculating an admission GPA in order to benefit those students who have challenged themselves and undertaken a rigorous high school curriculum.
For example, four weighted courses taken in the freshman, sophomore, and/or junior years will bring a 3.4 GPA up to a 3.5 GPA.
Not sure if you’re eligible for or a recipient of the College Bound Scholarship? Visit www.readysetgrad.org/college/college-bound-scholarship-program or talk to your high school guidance counselor.
To maintain satisfactory academic progress at PLU, students must:
- Maintain a semester and cumulative GPA of at least 2.0
- Successfully complete 67% of the credits for which they registered each semester.
For further details, please read through the PLU Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress policy.
You could still qualify for a PLU academic merit scholarship! Typically, students with a 3.3 or higher weighted GPA and average ACT or SAT test scores will receive an academic merit scholarship at PLU, which start at $15,000 per year. AND, you can still use your College Bound Scholarship at PLU, worth up $12,000 per year. Find more information about other scholarship opportunities here.
97% of PLU students qualify for some kind of financial aid and our average 2016-17 financial aid offer was $34,227. Find more information about financial aid here.
Please contact the Office of Admission at 800-274-6758 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions about the 253 PLU Bound Scholarship or applying to PLU.