The HPRB must review and approve all recruitment materials (e.g., scripts, emails, social media posts, flyers, advertisements) before they can be used.
Recruitment materials should contain the following information:
- Names and contact information of the investigators
- PLU’s name and the researcher’s department/school
- Who is being recruited for your study (e.g., what demographic characteristics, age range, student groups?)
- What participants will be asked to do (e.g., online survey, interview, experiment)
- How much time participation will require
- Where the study will be conducted (e.g., online, in a laboratory)
- What incentive, if any, there is for participation
Recruitment materials should not make extravagant claims, use attention-getting techniques, nor pressure readers to participate.