Step 6: Submit an application
Once in Mentor, go to the HPRB tab at the top:
- Click on My Proposals in the left menu
- Click Create New Proposal
Mentor will walk you through the following:
Pre-Proposal Diagnostic Survey (optional; to determine level of review)
HPRB proposal form
- Create HPRB Proposal page (this asks for basic information about your project; required items are noted with red stars)
- The next page is where you will enter most of the information about your project. Look for the green arrow and click on ACCESS HPRB PROPOSAL SECTIONS HERE (to edit, review, revise).
- The next page will show a list of proposal sections that need to be completed (i.e., Project Summary, Participants, Risks/Benefits, Research Methods and Procedures, Privacy and Confidentiality, Recruitment, Informed Consent, Debriefing).
- Click on Add/Edit Answers to get into each proposal section. Most questions are multiple choice with explanations only required for some choices.
- Please read the Instructions in each section. The little blue circles with “i” provide additional information and examples.
- The two sections requiring longer responses are: the Project Summary (an abstract of your proposed research) and Research Methods and Procedures (where you will describe everything that happens to participants from the beginning to the end of your study).
- After you complete a section, click on Save Answers at the bottom. You will be able to edit your answers any time afterwards (up until you submit your proposal).
- Do not use the browser back button as this can boot you out of the system. If that happens, anything you already typed in will be auto-saved and you can get back in and edit.
- Unanswered questions will be shown in red above each section title.
- consent document
- recruitment materials