Assignment of Credit for Overseas Study: Documentation Required for Departmental Review
To request credit for study away, the following documents are needed:
1. School or program in which the course will be taken
2. Name, academic credentials, and universities where instructor’s degree/s were obtained [Ex: Pietro Rocca, Ph.D., University of Rome]
3. Course syllabus which needs to include the following:
- Number of weeks in the term
- Number of weekly meetings
- How many hours for each meeting
- Required readings
- Graded assignments
- Schedule for the term
4. All graded assignments from the course [Ex: examination, quiz, reflection paper, essay, research paper]
5. Kind of term [semester or quarter] and credit hours assigned to the course by the school or program [4/preferred, or 3]
Submitting documents does not guarantee assignment of credit.
Based upon review of documents, credit will be assigned or denied.