- B.B.A., Advertising and Promotion, Western Michigan University, 2015
- M.B.A., Business Management, Western Michigan University, 2011
- Oversees on-campus housing processes, including but not limited to: Implementation, marketing and supervision of Fall / Winter Break / J-Term / Spring and Early Arrival Housing – Arrivals and Departures, key management and access
- Support students that request to live at home, students that need special request housing and students who need guidance in their housing options
- Assess the needs of students and develop strategies to support the needs of a diverse population
- Maintain functional areas of supervision and priorities for Community Directors, the Residential Office Front Desk and Office Staff
Jasen has been enjoying his first year of growing into the PLU family. Bringing eight years of various Student Affairs experience from both public and private institutions in Michigan, New York and Florida, he looks to learn and grow from the students and the PLU campus.
Jasen found a passion and path to PLU that is non-traditional, that focuses on student support and life experience. As a first generation student, Jasen attended a large university after high school only to find that he was struggling for support and self exploration, and he dropped out after a year and a half. The effects of this rippled through his life, and shortly after leaving the university he became homeless and jobless.
After years of personal struggle, growth and luck, Jasen transferred from a community college to Western Michigan University where he found his calling and focus: To work with students who were experiencing disconnectedness and to support their life goals and share experiences with them. Story-telling is a way of communicating not only a moral but the journey and understanding our own journey as well as listening to others gives people a sense of communion.
In Jasen’s office you will find the walls decorated with his story, from a failing transcript to running bibs to pictures of his family and friends.