At PLU, there are plenty of on-campus opportunities available to you. Log in to the Opportunities Board to view open positions. All jobs on campus are work-study eligible but most positions are also open to students who don’t have work study. If you get stuck, don’t hesitate to call us at 253-535-7415. Our career experts can guide you through the process.
You must upload a resume to the Opportunities Board in order to apply for jobs in the system. Be sure to save your resume as a PDF before uploading the document. This will protect the formatting of your resume and will ensure that that document cannot be changed once you have submitted it.
- On the left side menu click Documents→My Documents.
- Click the “Add New” button.
- Attach a resume, name the document, and click submit.
You can upload several resumes to make sure your applications are tailored to the job description.
- On the left side menu click Jobs.
- Click on “On Campus.” You can also search for State Work Study jobs if you are a WA State resident and have a work study award or you can search for internships. All on campus jobs qualify for work study as well.
Once you have applied to jobs you can look at “My Job Applications.”
We recommend that you apply for several jobs since you may not get hired for your top pick. Be sure to read the application instructions carefully. Some jobs may require a cover letter, an availability form, or other documents.
You can also star and thumbs down jobs you’ve already reviewed to better narrow your choices and control which positions are recommended to you.