Gender, Sexuality, & Race Studies
Undergraduate Major Interdisciplinary Programs
Bachelor of Arts
As a Gender, Sexuality, and Race Studies (GSRS) student at PLU, you’ll study how gender, sexuality and race are embedded in complex dynamics of power and resistance, and learn ways to understand identities and imagine new configurations of power.
This program gives students the important tools, resources, and language needed for personal empowerment and civic engagement. Through study and a required internship or community practicum, you’ll develop skills that will prepare you to pursue social justice, solve problems in diverse communities, work effectively across difference and lead from an equity mindset, some of the most important skills and abilities desired by employers.
GSRS students develop skills in oral and written communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, teamwork, and community engagement and application. Our graduates are making positive changes in the way gender, sexuality and race are understood globally in the 21st century.
Graduates from the last 5 years: Their jobs
- Instructor, University of Maryland
- Volunteer, Americorps
- Social Service Specialist, Department of Children, Youth and Families
- Grants and Contracts Specialist, The Geneva Foundation
- Refugee Service Program Assistant, Lutheran Volunteer Corps
- Legal Advocate, YWCA Pierce County
- Education Assistant, Washington State History Museum
- Legislative Assistant for Representative Jamila Taylor, Washington State House of Representatives
Graduates from the last last 5 years: Their graduate programs
- MA in Counseling Psychology, University of San Francisco
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Washington
- PhD in Rhetoric and Political Culture, University of Maryland
- MA in Pacific Island Studies, University of Hawaii
- PhD in History, University of Southern California
- PhD in History, The Graduate Center, City University of New York
It’s FREE to apply to PLU
When you're ready, we're here. Apply now and fulfill your potential!Get Started