Declaring a Minor
If you are interested in becoming a minor in anthropology, schedule an appointment with any member of the anthropology department and they will help you navigate the process.
Requirements for a minor in Anthropology
16 semester hours of class work in Anthropology including:
ANTH 102 Introduction to Human Cultural Diversity
ANTH 103 Introduction to Archaeology and World Prehistory
OR ANTH 101 Introduction to Human Biological Diversity
OR ANTH 104 Introduction to Language in Society
OR ANTH 203 Great Discovery in Archaeology
OR ANTH 210 Contemporary Global Issues
ANTH 330-345 (four semester hours of this focus – areas of the world)
ANTH 350-465 (four semester hours of this focus – topics across the world)
Additional University Requirements
- All normal requirements as noted in the PLU catalog
- Minimum grade of C- in minor courses with a GPA 2.0+ in those classes
- Completed Arts and Sciences Requirement
- The department has approval over courses chosen for the minor.
- At least 8 semester hours of ANTH courses must be taken at PLU and at least 4 of the 8 semester hours must be earned from a 300-level course.