Leong Chan, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Technology Management, Portland State University
- M.S., Engineering Management, Portland State University
- B.S., Information Systems, Western Oregon University
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Technology Management
- Business Analytics
- Innovation Strategy
- Project Management
- Emerald Literati Network Award for Excellence: 2012 Highly Commended Paper
- SAS Certified Base Programmer
- SAS Certified Advanced Programmer
- SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst
Dr. Chan specializes in technology management and innovation strategy, and has taught and researched in these topics at several universities in the U.S. His academic credentials include a Ph.D. in technology management, M.S. in engineering management, and B.S. in information systems. Dr. Chan is a SAS certified professional with multiple credentials, including SAS certified advanced programmer and SAS Certified Statistical Business Analyst. He worked in the pharmaceutical industry as a system analyst for many years, and has extensive experience in ERP, database management, quantitative analysis, and programming. His scholarship focuses on technology commercialization, innovation management, and business analytics. Dr. Chan has various publications in forms of books, peer-reviewed journals, and international conferences. His journal article received Emerald Literati Network’s Award of Excellence as highly recommended paper.