20 Semester Hours, Including:
- GSRS 201 (4 semester hours, offered every semester)
- GSRS 301 (4 semester hours, offered every fall)
- 12 additional semester hours
- must be selected from GSRS courses or from list of GSRS-approved courses;
- must include at least 8 hours of Gender and Sexuality electives (GSEL)
- must be selected from at least two departments or programs;
- must be selected from at least two different divisions or schools;
- at least two courses must be at the 300 or 400-level.
Courses that are not on the approved list, from any discipline, for which at least 60% of the assignments center on women, feminism, gender, and/or sexuality may also count for the Gender & Sexuality Studies minor. This allows the integration of Gender & Sexuality Studies perspectives into courses that are not explicitly or entirely structured around those perspectives. Students should consult the GSRS chair about this option before the course begins (when possible) and provide syllabi and assignments to the GSRS Executive Committee for approval upon completion of the course.