- Ph.D., University of St. Michael's College, 2010
- M.Div., Tyndale Seminary, 2002
- B.S., University of Toronto, 1999
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Ancient economy and the impact of the economy on the urban-rural relationship
- Interpretation of the parables of Jesus
- Handbook of Women Biblical Interpreters: A Historical and Biographical Guide co-edited with Marion Ann Taylor (Baker Academic 2012) : View Book
Agnes Choi teaches courses in biblical studies, with a focus on Second Temple Judaism and early Christianity. Her teaching and research considers how the ancient texts should be understood in their ancient contexts. Her research currently focuses on the ancient economy and the impact of the economy on the urban-rural relationship, as well as the interpretation of the parables of Jesus.