Impact distributes posters to 28 boards on campus and the Weekly Flyer to 90 locations on campus. For maps of both, please see our Distribution page.
- Posters are distributed twice a week. Time and date is posted on website homepage, outside of Impact office (AUC 142) and on Facebook each semester.
- Distribution queue is ordered based on a first-come first-served basis, with priority for posters designed or printed by Impact.
- A maximum of 8 posters can be distributed each distribution, but it may be less than that, depending on how much space is on the boards that week.
- Ideally the posters begin the approval process one week before ideal distribution date. All posters need to be approved by SIL front desk workers, in AUC 140 (see Advertising Policies). This can sometimes be a lengthy process. Due to this, it is not guaranteed that a poster will be distributed the day requested.
- Due to the small size of some of our boards, at busy times in the year, it may not be possible to feature all posters on all boards.
- Clients should understand that the Impact Distributor will try her/his best to feature the relevant logistical information of year poster. This may require posters to overlap, or graphic information to be covered.
- NOTE: On particularly busy weeks, such as the first two weeks of a semester, Impact boards will fill up quickly and will most likely be continuously full for the first month or so. Thus, we recommend that you either guarantee your space on our boards by submitting a Quick Copy Request.
All Advertising Must Include:
- Event name, time/date, location, PLU department/club/organization, and contact information should be clearly stated on event advertisements – OR – should be providing information/awareness from a PLU group who is bringing important information to the PLU community about PLU resources/info (ie: emergency systems notices, Voices Against Violence, or Residential Life housing availability).
Advertising May Not:
- No commercial advertising is allowed – Impact Boards are not for providing an audience for groups unaffiliated with PLU
- No campus organizations may advertise credit card providers or businesses engaged in alcohol and/or gambling, including, but not limited to, casinos and online gambling activities.
- Individual students may not advertise the sales of personal goods, such as books, or their personal services, such as car rides or typing.
- Publicity must not interfere with satisfactory maintenance of university propriety
- All posters should be distributed by Impact.
- Posters designed or printed by Impact have board-space priority over outside, free distribution posters.
- Posters must be approved and stamped by the SIL front desk (with the exception of posters designed by Impact)
- To be approved posters must have the following information: title, date, time, place, PLU sponsor and contact information.
- Due to the small size of some of the boards, at busy times in the year, it may not be possible to feature all posters on all boards.
- On that same note, clients should understand that the Impact Distributor will try their best to feature the relevant logistical information of each poster. They may require posters to overlap, or graphic information to be covered.
Butcher Paper Signs
- All signs to be posted on the butcher paper boards (Lower UC by Impact TV, UC staircase and OMM TV) must be approved by SIL front desk in AUC 140.
- Butcher paper signs in the UC must be on the SIL butcher paper boards (a board under each TV in the UC, and on the staircase closest to the UC Commons).
- No butcher paper signs may be hung in Admin – at the request of the President
- There are two public boards by the library (facing Mortvedt, the right hand side pillar) where anyone from the local community may post advertisements.
- These do not have to be approved for stamping, but may be rejected at the desk if they contain alcohol, gambling or offensive content
- Any poster brought by the PLU community, but clearly not sponsored by it, will be considered for the public general board
- Use of Residence Hall Mailboxes: The use of residence hall mailboxes by student organizations is permitted with the approval of the respective Resident Director. United States mail addressed to individual students, regardless of its nature is approved for distribution.
- No butcher paper signs may be hung in the Halls unless they are RHC- or RHA-related, and may only be hung with the permission of the RHC Public Relations Director & Hall Director
- Any publicity that is not properly approved or posted in locations other than Impact bulletin boards will be removed
- For non-poster advertisements (ie: a large container for a food or clothing drive), individuals will need to get approval from the main Residential Life Office in the University Center.
Flyers, brochures, etc.: any advertising that is intended to be spread around campus
- Must have time, location, PLU sponsor and contact information clearly stated
- Must follow university policy for general advertising
- Should be stamped and limited to 25 advertising
- If you are looking for large distributions, please place an advertisement in the Weekly Flyer, as the campus should not be littered with stray papers
- Any non-student wishing to post housing should be informed that they need to talk to Residential Life – as they cannot post off-campus housing on campus
- Commercial advertisers should be directed to The Mast, as that is the only on-campus commercial advertising that is allowed.
POSTER DESIGN POLICIES
At Impact, we are more than happy to receive requests for poster, T-shirt, or logo design. However, in order to create the best product for you, here’s what you should know:
For any design requests:
- The Creative Request should be submitted to Impact at least 2 weeks in advance.
- For rush jobs (i.e. under two weeks) we will charge an extra $20, regardless of the size of poster.
- Should you require changes to your poster after you have approved the final and it has already been printed, we may charge you for the extra prints.
For Quick Copy (Printing) Requests:
- We will charge a late fee if requests come in less than two days before the poster is meant to be distributed. For 8.5×11, we charge $3.50, and for 11×17 we charge $10.
- Should you require changes to your poster after you have approved the final and it has already been printed, we will charge you for the extra prints.