Entry-Level Materials, Process & Physics Engineer at Boeing
Boeing Materials & Manufacturing Technology is seeking an Entry Level Materials, Process & Physics Engineer (Chemical/Contamination) to support Auburn WA. https://jobs.boeing.com/job/auburn/entry-level-materials-process-and-physics-engineer-chemical-contamination/185/21580511472
Start your Boeing career in materials technology in Materials & Manufacturing Technology – Chemical Technology where you will have an opportunity to work on technology that touch various platforms in commercial, defensive, space and global services!
Materials & Manufacturing Technology (MMT) has earned a reputation within Boeing as a go-to organization for fast development of innovative materials and processes. Over the last 5 years our teammates submitted 160 Invention Disclosures and were award 119 patents – We welcome and foster new ideas – bring us yours!
- Collects information to support definition of requirements for tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes used in the manufacture and engineering
- design of products.
- Incorporates changes to specifications and other documents to manage the deployment of materials, parts and processes.
- Performs tests to qualify new tools, equipment, materials, parts and processes to meet requirements. Assists with activities to qualify suppliers to applicable requirements.
- Conducts basic analysis to determine performance or reasons for failures of tools, materials, parts or processes.
- Assists in implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Develops basic computer and production systems to satisfy user requirements.
- Uses project management tools to meet cost, technical, and schedule requirements.
- Incorporates environmental health and safety, LEAN and Quality principles into (1) materials and processes, (2) research, design and qualification, (3) work procedures and (4) labs and office areas.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience working in a chemical laboratory environment
- Experience working in a materials testing laboratory.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in one or many of the following specialties: Aerospace or Automotive Paint Application, Paints & Coatings, Inorganic Chemical Processes,
- Environmental Health and Safety, Sealants, and/or Analytics
- Experience performing applications of inorganic finishes.
- Experience finishing and painting in either Aircraft, Automotive or Marine.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
This is a union-represented position.
Boeing is implementing new requirements for employees to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 or have an approved reasonable accommodation based on local legislation in several countries. Please refer here for current vaccination and/or reasonable accommodation requirements, and timelines based on location.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.