Summer @ Roche Intern Program in Seattle
The Summer @ Roche Intern Program has been developed to provide students with a fun yet rewarding summer through hands-on experience and numerous opportunities to network with other interns as well as employees in the organization. Additionally, we help our students meet their career development and educational goals while potentially building a future with the Roche organization. Leveraging the education you received already, we hope to give you an opportunity to grow and develop with us!
In the biochemistry department, we provide our expertise to optimize the sequencing reaction that uses the novel chemistry Sequencing by eXpansion (SBX). We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual who will provide support in multiple quality, technical, and administrative tasks.
- Perform quality control assessments on various biochemistry reagents and components of SBX.
- Prepare solutions, buffers, and other critical components for the Biochemistry department.
- Track reagent inventories for the Biochemistry department.
- Streamline processes and SOPs.
- Process and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Provide input and experimentation to improve the Sequencing By eXpansion technology.
What you will learn:
- Advanced analytical techniques and best practices.
- Hands-on experience with next generation sequencing technology.
- Ability to work with multiple R&D departments – learn biology and chemistry-focused techniques, coordination and communication of projects, and various workflows.
- Quality control assessments and reagent handling techniques.
- Experiment design and project management skills.
Find full details and apply here: https://www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-202102-102663&locale=en&title=Summer+Intern+-+Biochemistry