Sustainable Research Pathways Workshop & Summer Experience
Eager to expand your research and establish productive collaborations with renowned scientists at a Department of Energy (DOE) National Laboratory? This is your opportunity! Through SRP, faculty and students contribute to multi- and inter-disciplinary research that is changing the world. Berkeley Lab staff are looking for scientists interested in working on large research problems that intersect with your research interests. We encourage you to view the current projects shared by participating lab staff to get an idea of ongoing research projects.
New this year: Quantum Information Science and Technology (QuIST) group is joining SRP and eager to connect with faculty and students interested in building the next generation of quantum processing hardware. Anyone who loves physics, computer science, electrical engineering, and/or device engineering should check out this opportunity.
What: Matching Workshop leading to Summer Research Experience
Where: Virtual Workshop – Summer Research with Berkeley Lab Computing Sciences
When: November 30 – Dec 3 2021/Summer 2022
Application Deadline: Friday, September 24, 2021.
We encourage all faculty and undergraduate and graduate students at U.S. academic institutions with an interest in Computational Science and Engineering to apply and experience this enriching scientific opportunity that includes the chance to meet renowned DOE national laboratory scientist and other faculty and students. Some of the exciting research areas include:
- AI for chemistry and materials
- Science, computer science, and math for quantum computing
- Acceleration and predictions for climate change
- Ice sheet modeling
- Deep phylogeny
- Gravitationally Lensed Supernovae
- Multiphysics modeling and simulation
- Distributed performance analysis and optimization
- Hardware architectures and accelerators
- Cybersecurity for high performance computing
- Machine learning for image reconstruction, quantum image processing, and graphical deep learning
- Experimental quantum test bed
For more information, visit: https://shinstitute.org/srp-2021/
To apply, visit: https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/SHInstituteSRPF/