UW Neurological Surgery Summer Student Program
Applications for the Neurological Surgery Summer Student Program (NSSSP) are now open. If you have an interest in the neurosciences and desire lab experience in neurological biomedical research, please apply. Applicants chosen to participate in the program will receive stipends of $3,200 over the duration of the 8-week program. Limited housing stipends (no meals or transportation) are available for out-of-area students.
Program participation includes:
- Eight-week lab placement in one of our neuroscience labs
- Weekly Neurological Surgery Grand Rounds lectures
- Weekly Neurological Surgery Resident Education Hour discussions
- Weekly neuroscience faculty lectures, specifically developed for the students
- Neurological surgery OR observations
- Neurological surgery clinical observations
- Student capstone presentation
Over 20 students from our earlier classes have now been accepted into medical school and other clinical training programs. Many students just entering college have gone on to neuroscience or pre-med studies. The application period will close on Monday, January 3rd, 2022. Application is free.
Please email email@example.com with any questions you may have about the application process.