Club Sports Clearance Instructions FIRST YEARS and TRANSFERS
Sports Physical Required
- Off-Campus: This form must be filled out by your primary care provider if doing a sports physical outside of PLU. Please read instructions on the form carefully.
- On-Campus: To have a sports physical at the PLU Health Center please call to make an appointment 253-535-7337. Please have the following forms completed before arriving to the Health Center for your sports physical.
Pre-Participation Physical Exam Questionnaire
Provide proof of sickle cell status. This is a new requirement as we no longer provide sickle cell waivers. Please check with your primary care physician if they have records of this. If not, please go to the following link for Information on how to get your sickle cell status from the state health department where you were born. If your state is not present you can use the CDC link to find the state associated with your birth.
Club Sports Waiver
Club Sports Waiver
1. Create an account on imleagues.com (if you do not have one already) using your plu.edu email address
2. Click the Club Sports tab
3. Click the sport you would like to join which will prompt you to sign & date the first waiver.
4. Once you’ve joined you will be prompted to complete the Pacific Lutheran University Club Sports Waiver.
Eligibility for practice/competition: You are eligible to practice if you are enrolled in a minimum full-time program (12 credits for undergraduates / 9 for graduate students) of studies leading to a baccalaureate or equivalent degree as defined by the regulations of your school. If at any point you drop below full time you are unable to practice/compete .
You must be in good academic standings to participate. If you fall below a 2.0 you are not eligible to participate.
All students will be required to take the online baseline concussion test. Once Coaches & Captains submit team rosters to Rob Thompson each athlete will receive an email from “support” and subject “You’ve Been Assigned an ImPACT test”. Tests must be completed before any official team activities.
Earn a Credit Course for participation: FTWL250
After a student has completed in one full club sports season, they will be eligible to enroll in banner under FTWL 250 for a 1-credit course. Student-athletes may no longer use FTWL 250 to meet the activity course requirement. However, they may continue taking FTWL 250 for credit toward graduation.