- Religion Department Chair
- Ph.D., Hebrew Bible, University of Chicago, 2007
- M.A., Biblical Studies, University of Chicago Divinity School, 1998
- B.A., Religion, University of Athens, Greece, 1992
- Visions and Eschatology A Socio-Historical Analysis of Zechariah 1-6, (Bloomsbury T&T Clark, 2013) : View Book
Antonios Finitsis’ professional interests and approach are deeply socio-historical. He has always found the intersection between religion and politics fascinating. Since Judeo-Christian religion was shaped under powerful empires, part of his research revolves around the impact of colonial interests and power structures in the development of religious ideas. Human relationships are another favorite topic of Dr. Finitsis, particularly, when these relationships are seen through the lens of the human-divine contact and in the context of spirituality.