All the Steps
Here’s a comprehensive checklist of the things you’ll need to do this spring to prepare for your New Student Registration appointment in June (and we added the summer checklist too just in case).
Easiest & Most Fun:
- Follow @plu_2024 on Instagram to meet your future fellow Lutes! DM the account photos & a short intro to be featured.
- Take our super short Enrollment Survey if you haven’t yet.
Before you can request your New Student Registration appointment:
- Sign up for your PLU ePass if you haven’t already, and start checking your PLU email.
- Complete the Learning Community (Housing) Application. Whether you’ll be living on- or off-campus, this must be completed!
- Submit your Online Payment Agreement
- Complete the Meningococcal Release Acknowledgment
Request your New Student Registration (NSR) appointment:
- Request your New Student Registration appointment – there are lots of spots in June and the beginning of July – first come, first registered, though!
Prepping for your NSR appointment:
- Take the Math Placement Evaluation (on Banner Self Service). ALL students must take this evaluation!
- Complete the Language Placement Survey (on Banner Self Service) if you’re planning on studying a language while at PLU.
Do this spring or summer (but probably more summer):
- Check your PLU email consistently
- Complete your Medical History Record
- Purchase and read the Common Reading book
- Send final high school (and college) transcripts to: Registrar, Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, WA 98447
- Buy textbooks for your classes
- Register for LUTE Welcome Week (New Student Orientation)
- If applicable, contact the Office of Accessibility & Accommodation (firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-535-7206) to start the documentation and accommodation process
- If living on campus, touch base with your roommate!
- Athlete? Complete your Athletics Medical Clearance Checklist
- Bringing a car? Register your vehicle