Math Placement Evaluation
The Math Placement Evaluation is one of the most important tasks to complete to ensure you get into the classes you need when you go through the registration process.
This evaluation is what PLU uses to determine which math classes you can be placed into and if you’re allowed to start in some courses and/or majors (think biology, chemistry, nursing pre-requisites, business pre-requisites and more). All students, no matter their math background or their planned academic major, must take this evaluation.
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the evaluation (and their answers):
- Is it really required for registration? Yes, it is.
- Do I really have to take it even if I (fill in the blank with whatever your question(s) might be)? Yes, you do.
How to find & take the Math Placement Evaluation:
- Go to https://banweb.plu.edu
- Select “Banner Self Service”
- Select “Math Placement Evaluation” (with the calculator icon)
- Sign in using your PLU ePass information
- Read and follow the instructions
The evaluation does take some time, so make sure you set aside plenty of time to get it done.