Faculty Executive Committee (FEC)
The Faculty Executive Committee shall consist of the chair, vice-chair, and faculty secretary, the elected representative to the Board of Regents, and the chairs of the faculty standing committees.
Advisory members shall consist of the president and the provost. Consistent with the Bylaws, Article IV, Section 4.B.7-8, advisory members shall have the same rights and privileges as any other member of the committee except the right to make motions and to vote.
The Faculty Executive Committee shall perform the following duties:
- To coordinate the work of standing committees and to assist the chair of the faculty in preparing agendas for meetings of the Faculty Assembly.
- To oversee the implementation of faculty legislation.
- To review and make recommendations to the faculty regarding all proposals for the establishment of ad hoc faculty committees and other ad hoc committees involving faculty membership and which transcend division or school lines, including joint faculty-student or faculty-administration committees. Such recommendations may include conditions regarding duration and membership as the executive committee finds appropriate.
- To consider and to refer to appropriate faculty organs such matters of faculty interest and importance as it deems proper.
- To appoint faculty to specified positions on university standing committees.
Chair of Faculty – Neal Yakelis
Vice Chair of Faculty – Amy Young
Secretary of Faculty – Erik Hammerstrom
Faculty Representative to the Board of Regents – Lisa Marcus
Chairs of Faculty Standing Committees
President – Allan Belton
Provost – Joanna Gregson
STUDENT LIFE AWARDS COMMITTEE
TBD (seat expires 2023)
TITLE IX COMMITTEE
UNIVERSITY DIVERSITY COMMITTEE
Dean Waldow, Chemistry (seat expires 2023)
Marnie Ritchie, Communication, Media and Design Arts (seat expires 2024)
UNIVERSITY SAFETY COMMITTEE
Spencer Ebbinga, Communication, Media and Design Arts (seat expires 2024)
Fall 2022 FEC meetings
Friday, September 9, 2022, 3:30-5:00 pm
Friday, October 7, 2022, 3:30-5:00 pm
Friday, November 4, 2022, 3:30-5:00 pm
Friday, December 2 2022, 3:30-5:00 pm