Faculty Governance at PLU empowers faculty, subject to the approval of the Board of Regents, in the area of educational policy. Faculty also have the right to make recommendations and advise the administration with respect to other areas of university life.
There are four key features to PLU’s system of faculty governance:
The Faculty Constitution and Bylaws can be found in the Faculty Handbook.
Key faculty policies and legislation include the following:
- Academic Identity Statement
- Principles of Academic Freedom
- Intellectual Property Policy
- Integrative Learning Objectives
- January term Rationale
- Philosophy of Faculty Compensation
- Student-Faculty Research & Creative Projects Strategic Plans
- Principles on General Education
- PLU 2010 Faculty Resolution November 2000
- Statement on Learning Environment