Out To Innovate Scholarships
- Award scholarships to LGBTQ+ students currently enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) or STEM-related teaching fields.
- Honor students who support a creative educational community that increases the visibility and the accomplishments of LGBTQ+ and supportive students
- Encourage students to be out in their careers and support diversity in the STEM workforce
- Scholarship awards will be paid in the Fall semester/quarter only.
- Scholarship availability depends on funding, and might not be offered every year. Some years will offer more scholarships than other years
- All awards must be used in support of recipient’s education or research.
- Successful completion of a minimum of two years of post-high school education at an accredited U.S. college or university
- Minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on a 4-point scale.
- A declared major in an accredited STEM or STEM-related teaching field. STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- Identify as a member of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Be an active supporter of and participant in programs or organizations that promote LGBTQ+ inclusion and visibility
- Students must be eligible for fall term registration at an accredited U.S. college or university and must not be under disciplinary sanction.
How to apply:
- The application window is now closed and 2022/2023 applications have been evaluated and decided, announced in an earlier section on this page. New: The next application window will be April 23 – June 4, 2023. When the window opens, there will be link in this section to the application portal.
- The application process has three sections: profile, application, and references. The profile section tells us demographic information about you. The application form involves scholastic and financial information AND a 1000 word max personal statement. The reference request section asks you for contact information for three people who have agreed write a letter of recommendation for you. One of these references must be a faculty member who is familiar with your academic accomplishments; the other two references may be people who are familiar with your community/volunteer activities.
- Incomplete or late application submissions will not be evaluated.
- Applications submitted via email or outside the application cycle window will not be evaluated.
Contact the Out to Innovate Scholarship Program Coordinator at: scholarships at noglstp.org.