PLU Mentoring Program prepares Lutes for success!
PLU’s inaugural Alumni and Student Connections Mentoring Program is a partnership of the Department of Economics, alumni, and students. The mentoring experience is designed for students to learn about career opportunities and connect with alumni industry professionals with the goal of providing a rich and rewarding experience for both partners.
Mentoring Program Overview:
- The Alumni-Student Mentoring program will kick-off on Thursday, October 11, 2018, 5:30 – 7 p.m., at the Karen Hille Phillips Center for Performing Arts, for a dinner reception, orientation, and meet and greet for mentors, mentees, and Economics faculty.
- Mentor and mentee partners agree to connect about once a month (meet up virtually or face-to-face) for career conversations over the course of the academic year.
- Matching criteria will give consideration to preferences, commonalities, and shared interests, as we are able.
- Program staff will check in with participants to see what’s working and not working, allowing for course correction.
- Participants will have an opportunity to submit an experience evaluation and attend a closing reception in May.
- Participants will be provided resources and ongoing support.
Will you help prepare Lutes for success by accepting the invitation to be an alumni mentor? If you’re a student, please contact us to be paired with an alumni mentor.
For more information, please email email@example.com or call 253-535-7415.