HOW TO APPLY
Deadline and Application Timeline
|Application deadline||January 31 (by 8:59pm Pacific Time)|
|Interview notification||Mid-February through end of April
|Interview date||To be arranged|
|Non-refundable enrollment deposit due||Within three weeks of acceptance date|
|Classes begin||Early September|
Follow the steps below to submit your application. The application portal will close at 9:00pm (Pacific Time) on January 31. If you have questions, contact the Graduate Application Specialist.
- Identify two references on your application. Academic recommendations are encouraged.
- Your references will receive an email invitation from email@example.com with instructions for completing the reference electronically.
- If your recommenders need assistance, please visit the Letters by Liaison Help Center.
Upload resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload personal statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be no longer than a total of 5 double-spaced pages. You should address the following questions:
- What significant cultural experiences have most influenced your present development and your desire to be a couple and family therapist?
- What are your professional career goals after completing your degree?
- What are your strengths that will help you achieve your professional goals?
- What do you consider to be areas for personal growth that may need the most attention during your training as a therapist at PLU?
- Pay the nonrefundable $55 application fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Official transcripts must be sent to GradCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. GradCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select GradCAS.
- Include your full GradCAS ID number when entering the GradCAS mailing address.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts
Sending Transcripts by Mail
Download and print the Transcript Request Form under each school you listed in the College Attended section of your application. Send the Transcript Request Form to your school.
Your registrar should mail your paper transcript to the following address:
GradCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9217
Watertown, MA 02471
In addition to the documents listed in the above sections, international applicants also submit the following materials:
- Credential Evaluation – If you attended a school or earned your degree outside of the United States, you are required to submit your coursework to World Education Services (WES) for a course-by-course US equivalency report. This report should then be sent directly to GradCAS from WES along with the official transcripts sent by the schools. Visit World Education Services (WES) website to follow its instructions and arrange for your documents to be delivered to WES. We recommend the ICAP package when you select services on the WES website.
- English translation is also required if the documents are in a language other than English. Translation must be provided by a university, government official, organization, or a certified translation service, example: American Translators Association.
- Proof of English proficiency
- IELTS or TOEFL Minimum TOEFL-iBT score of 80 or minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- TOFEL scores must be mailed to PLU directly from the testing institution. The institution code for PLU is 4597.
- We can accept a copy of an IELTS score report as we can verify with the testing agency.
In order to be sent a form I-20, admitted international students must:
- Pay the enrollment deposit
- Submit a Passport picture page
- Submit the Declaration of Finance form and Proof of financial support dated within 12 months.
Once the applications are reviewed, candidates advancing to the next stage of review will be invited to an interview appointment.
If you or your recommenders have any questions or technical problems with the online application portal and recommendation process, status, navigation, missing credentials, etc., please visit the GradCAS Applicant Help Center, or contact GradCAS Customer Service at: (857) 304-2042 or email@example.com