Pay the remaining owing balance in full (minus accepted grants, scholarships, loans and/or other resources listed on your Offer of Financial Aid, excluding work study) by the 25th of the month preceding each semester/term. During the Summer Session, payment is due on the first day of class.
- Summer – First day of class
- Fall – August 25th
- J-term – December 25th
- Spring – January 25th
When the amount of your accepted financial aid (grants, scholarship, and loans) is in excess of your university charges (tuition, fees, and if applicable, room & meals), you are entitled to a financial aid refund of the excess amount to help pay for off campus monthly expenses or other non-university costs. If you have an excess amount each semester, you must request a refund for each term. See our REFUNDS webpage for more information.
You can pay any remaining owing balance using monthly installment payments, either on a semester or annual basis. The university utilizes an outside company that specializes in monthly payment plans. To set up payments, go to Tuition Management Systems (TMS).
- Fall payments begin July 25th and go to November 25th
- J-term and Spring combined payments begin December 25th and go to April 25th
The Process to Enroll in TMS:
It is the student’s responsibility to enroll with TMS. TMS can be used for Fall, J-term and Spring, but Summer charges cannot be included. If you attend Summer, tuition and fees are due the first day of classes.
Monthly plans are divided into the following:
- Term 1 = Your owing balance for Fall
- Term 2 = Your owing balance for J-term and Spring
To set-up your payment plan, contact TMS:
Go to plu.afford.com or call 1-888-713-7234
- You will need your PLU Student ID number.
- There is an Annual or Semester enrollment fee.
- Each month you will receive two billing statements, one from PLU and one from TMS. When you set up your payment with TMS it will appear on the PLU Billing Statement once each semester unless you make changes with TMS during the semester.
- You will make your monthly payment directly to TMS, not PLU. The monthly payments are due on the 25th of the month.
- If you receive a PLU monthly billing statement with an owing balance, it could be the amount you contracted with TMS was not enough or you incurred additional charges that were not calculated in your contract amount.
- Contact the Office of Student Financial Services if you need assistance (253-535-7161 or OSFS@plu.edu)