The health, safety and well being of PLU students, staff and faculty participating in Wang Center programs is our primary concern. PLU and the Wang Center are committed to maximizing safety at each program site, making every effort to ensure that participants have the resources and information they need for a safe and successful global education experience.
In Case of Emergency
If you are faced with an emergency situation, there are many resources available to support you. It is important to familiarize yourself with these resources prior to your departure so that you know what steps to take:
- Seek appropriate local help
- Know the local equivalent of 911 so that you can get immediate emergency assistance. Find the equivalent of 911 in your host country
- Contact the nearest U.S. embassy/consulate or to report a lost/stolen passport
- Contact international emergency medical insurance, as appropriate
- Call +1 240-330-1551 (if outside the U.S. or Canada)
- Call 855-901-6712 (if within the U.S. or Canada)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://eservices.europassistance-usa.com/sites/EIIA
- Contact the Wang Center (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm)
- Call 253-535-7577
- Call PLU Campus Safety
After all the necessary steps have been taken to seek immediate and local assistance, be sure to file an incident report with the Wang Center. Incidents include illness, crime, behavior issues, etc. and can be submitted by any PLU student, staff or faculty member.