Journey Away for January Term
Each January, PLU offers a variety of local and global faculty-led study away courses. These intensive short-term travel programs are academically integrated experiences, carefully planned and administered by PLU faculty and Wang Center staff. J-Term study away courses are Global Scholar Award eligible and students are encouraged to check out these external scholarship/funding resources.
J-Term 2020 Study Away Programs
Download a PDF of the J-Term 2020 study away course offerings to view the list of all the program details and program fees at-a-glance.
The application for J-Term 2020 study away courses has closed.
**J-Term 2021 study away course offerings will be posted here in January 2020**
J-TERM 2020 IMPORTANT DATES:
- January 2019: J-Term 2020 study away course offerings announced
- February 6: J-Term 2020 study away application opens
- March 13: Study Away Fair [10am-2pm in AUC Regency Room]
- April 1: Final program fees posted for J-Term 2020
- April 15: J-Term 2020 study away application deadline
(NOTE: some courses may close early)
- April 15: Global Scholar Award application deadline
- May 3: J-Term 2020 acceptance notifications
- May 15: Global Scholar Award recipients notified
- May 17: J-Term 2020 confirmation deadline
- September 18: Study Away Fair [10am-2pm in AUC]
- September 30: Extended Application Deadline for J-Term 2020 International Programs (space available basis only, rolling admission)
- November 1: Extended Application Deadline for J-Term 2020 Domestic Programs (space available basis only, rolling admission)
Things to Know about Financing Your J-Term Study Away Experience
- If students maintain their full-time registration at PLU (12 credits minimum) for either the Fall semester before or the Spring semester after J-Term, participants will not pay any additional tuition for their J-Term study away course
- Each J-Term study away course has a different program fee, depending on the cost of travel and cost of living at the study away location
- Global Scholar Awards provide a 20% reduction
- Click here to access a listing of external study away scholarships
- Click here for more payment options
** Wang Center staff regularly assess the political situations at all PLU program sites in light of student safety and health so that you have a safe and productive educational experience while studying away. **
The Wang Center offers support for the following BMBA 509 Global Business Perspectives programs:
Please contact the School of Business if you are interested in these program opportunities, 253-535-7244 or email@example.com.
- January 2020 – Singapore and Bangkok
Dr. Rao Kowtha
- March 2020 – South Korea
Dr. Chung-Shing Lee