Explore - Evaluate - Apply - Prepare - Sojourn - Reflect
PLU offers a variety of study away program options to make this important component of a PLU education accessible to as many students as possible. Narrow your search by exploring your options by academic discipline, program features, location, duration and cost.
All application materials must be submitted to the Wang Center for approval (including Approved Programs). Check with your study away advisor for application requirements and materials.
Oxford Fall 2020 or Spring 2021: March 15, 2020
Summer 2020, Fall 2020 and Full Year 20-21: March 15, 2020
J-Term 2021: April 15, 2020
Spring 2021: May 1, 2020
Navigate to your program of choice using the Program Finder. Click “apply” for that program. PLU students will login with their ePass.
All participants in off-campus programs serve as ambassadors of both the United States and PLU. Therefore, to promote good will and to best ensure positive and safe learning experiences, university policies and guidelines apply to faculty, staff, students, and other community members who participate in off-campus programs. The resources below will help you prepare for study away before, during and after your experience away.
Students challenge their perspective of the world and themselves by maximizing immersion in host communities. At home, the Wang Center provides ongoing support to students and is available in the case of an emergency.
Returning from a Study Away experience is a time of challenge and opportunity. This is a great time to reflect on your experiences and your place in this world while also looking forward to how you can put your experiences to good use in your future undertakings. Explore the resources here to start this part of your journey.
Decisions regarding program itineraries are made based on information from the U.S. Department of State, Center for Disease Control, on-site coordinators, and other informed contacts. The Wang Center and PLU are prepared to make changes on short notice should a situation arise in any location which causes serious concern.
PLU enrolls study away students in STEP with the US Department of State. Review the US Department of State Student Travel Tips.
Meet with a Study Away Advisor to learn more specifics about the programs you have researched.Request Appointment
The Student Experience
Did you know?
- PLU was the first American university to have study away programs on all seven continents simultaneously!
- Every year, more than 300,000 American students study, intern, or volunteer abroad for academic credit on programs ranging from two weeks to a full academic year.
- Students majoring in the STEM Fields represent the largest proportion of US students studying abroad at 25%.
- Women account for over two-thirds of participation in overseas programs.
- 90% of study abroad alumni who applied got into their 1st or 2nd choice grad school.
- On average, students who study abroad earn 25% higher starting salaries than those who do not study abroad.
- An overwhelming majority of U.S. study abroad takes place in Europe with 40 percent of students studying in just five countries: the UK, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany.