Accounting Certificate Program
The Accounting Certificate program is available for students who hold a baccalaureate degree, or are pursuing a baccalaureate degree (any field) and wish to complete the accounting course educational requirements to sit for the Certified Public Account (CPA) examination.
Requirements for the certificate include:
- 24 semester hours from BUSA 202, 203, 320, 321, 322, 323, 422, 423, 424 and 427
- a cumulative 3.00 GPA in accounting courses
- a minimum of C- in any course
Please note that there are additional courses and experience requirements to sit for the CPA exam which are not met by this certificate program; completion of these requirements is the student’s responsibility.
Tuition for this program will follow the Undergraduate Tuition rate.
Current PLU Students: Complete the Minor & Concentration Declaration form and then email the Undergraduate Program Director, Amy Stewart-Mailhiot, at firstname.lastname@example.org to develop an education plan to meet these requirements.
PLU Alumni and Applicants from outside PLU: Anyone who is not a current student at PLU must submit an application to this certificate program. Please follow the process below.
Step One: create your application account on GradCAS
- Create your application portal account (preferred browsers are Google Chrome or Firefox).
- Select your desired program.
- Complete all required application questions.
(Visit the GradCAS Applicant Help Center for questions about the application portal)
Step Two: submit all required supporting items below
- Identify two references, either academic or professional.
- Your references will receive an email from GradCAS to complete the reference electronically.
- You can send them the Recommendation Form which may be submitted in place of a letter of recommendation.
- Upload your resume via the application portal that includes your:
- Employment history
- Significant academic, professional and community achievements
- Honors and awards
- Upload your statement via the application portal.
- The statement should be 300-400 words, divided into 2 sections addressing the following:
- Your educational and professional goals
- Your quantitative training and/or skills that make you a good fit for this program.
Pay the nonrefundable $55 application processing fee.
(Note: If you need to submit additional documents after submitting the online application, you can email them to email@example.com)
Step Three: submit official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Official transcripts must be sent to GradCAS from all US and English-Speaking Canadian institutions you listed in the College Attended section of your application.
- Official international and French-Canadian transcripts must be sent to PLU Graduate Admission Office.
- PLU graduates do not need to submit PLU transcripts.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending official transcripts.
Sending Transcripts Electronically
- GradCAS only accepts electronic transcripts from Credentials Solutions, Parchment, and National Student Clearinghouse. If your school does not offer either of these services, your transcript must be sent by mail. GradCAS cannot accept transcripts sent via email.
- When selecting the recipient, choose Educational organization, and then select GradCAS.
- Include your full GradCAS ID number when entering the GradCAS mailing address.
- See GradCAS instructions for sending electronic transcripts