- M.S., Biological Sciences, University of Southern California, 1979
- B.S., Biology, Pacific Lutheran University, 1976
Areas of Emphasis or Expertise
- Instructional Technologies
- Technology Services and Support
- Learning Spaces
- Washington State Vocational Education Certification
- Frye Fellow, Frye Leadership Institute
- EDUCAUSE Institute Instructional Technology Leadership Program
- ITIL Version 3 Foundation Certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt
Provides leadership for four service teams of User Services: Instructional Technologies, User Support, Classroom and Event Services, and Web Development. Develops agile, customer-focused technology services that include the Help Desk, computer and software support, classroom technologies, instructional technologies and systems, and technology workshops. Enables faculty and staff with technology, skills, and support for teaching and learning.
- Distinguished Staff and Administrator Award, 2001, Pacific Lutheran University
- American Red Cross Certificate of Merit for Life Saving, 1984
Creative thinker, instructional technologist, change agent, system integrator, learner and teacher; proud parent/grandparent, runner, hiker, photographer.
See curriculum vitae at https://sites.google.com/a/plu.edu/layne-nordgren/curriculum-vitae